Synology Drive iOS
To install Synology Drive Server:
- Log in to DSM with an account belonging to the administrators group.
- Go to Package Center and install Synology Drive Server.
To log in to Drive:
- Address or QuickConnect ID: Enter the IP address, DDNS hostname, or QuickConnect ID of your Synology NAS.
- Account and Password: Enter your DSM account credentials.
- Tap Login.
In the menu bar on the left, you will find the following functions:
- All the categories available in the web version of Drive.
- My Drive: View files and folders owned by you.
- Team Folder: View the Team Folder(s) which you have permission to access.
- Shared Items: View the files and folders that others have shared with you or you have shared with others.
- Recent: View the files that you have recently accessed.
- Starred: View the files and folders that you have starred.
- Offline Access: View the files that you have downloaded to your local device.
- Recycle Bin: View the files and folders owned by you that you have deleted.
- Background Tasks: View your task progress and cancel tasks if you want.
- Labels: View files and folders that you have added labels to. You can also create a new label from here by clicking the + button.
- In addition to viewing your login information and logging out of Drive, you can also use the following functions:
- Tap to view notifications from Drive.
- Tap > Label management to create a new label and assign a color to it by tapping on the top right hand corner or tap the existing ones to edit their attributes.
On the main page, you will find the corresponding items according to the category or label that you select. You can also perform the following operations.
- Category view(available in My Drive):
- To browse files of a certain file type, tap on My Drive, and then tap on the desired file type from the drop-down menu.
- The file types include document, photo, video, and music.
- Global operation:
- To search for files or folders, tap , and then you can search by keyword or advanced criteria.
- To select multiple items, tap and choose Select. This option allows you choose a batch of items and select the action you want to perform.
- To adjust display settings, tap and choose Sort by. This option allows you to change the order in which files and folders are displayed according to file name, size, modified date, creation date, etc.
- Item operation:Tap on a certain file or a folder, and then you can find the item properties, add star, share, apply label, move/copy to, rename, send a copy and delete.
- Add files:Tap to create a folder, and add pictures from your albums or via the camera. To add files from other file management applications on your phone, tap Others.
Searching for Items
To search for files or folders, tap , and then you can
- Enter the keyword on the top search field.
- Tap and use the below criteria to refine the search:
- Location: Select a folder in My Drive, Team Folder, Shared with me, or Current location to search in.
- Type: Select whether you want to search for a folder, file, document, photo, video, or music. You can also search by extension.
- Owner: Select whether you want to search for items owned by you, others or any specific owner.
- Labels: Select one or multiple labels. When you select multiple labels, an item will be considered a match as long as it has just one of the selected labels.
- Size (MB): Search by file size (calculated in megabytes).
- Date: Search by modified time or creation time.
File Formats Supported for Viewing
The following file types can be opened in the iOS Drive app:
- Synology Office files: Synology Document, Synology Spreadsheet, Synology Slides
- Documents: doc, docx, pdf, ppt, pptx, txt, xls, xlsx, htm, html
- iWork files: key, key.zip, numbers, numbers.zip, pages, pages.zip
- Images: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, bmp, tif, tiff, heic, heif, RAW (3fr, ari, arw,srf,sr2,bay, crw, cr2, cap,eip, dcs, dcr, k25, kdc, dng, erf, mef, mos, mrw, nef, nrw, orf, ptx, r3d, raf,raw, rw2, x3f)
- Videos: mp4, m4v, mov
- Audio files: mp3, m4a, aa, aiff, aifc, aif, wav, aac, m4b, m4p, m4r, 3gp